Re: Channel close logic, needs clarification?

Markus Friedl, on March 12. 2001, wrote:
  : > I'm not sure what you're saying here. I'm saying that the "normal"
  : > reason the channel close process is initiated is that CHANNEL_EOF is
  : > both sent and received. There are other, less "normal", reasons. For
  : > instance, if lsh or lshd receives a CHANNEL_CLOSE, that is not
  : > preceded by a CHANNEL_EOF, it displays a warning message "unexpected
  : > channel close",
  :
  : I don't think this is correct. A CLOSE without an EOF is completely
  : legal in the SSH 2 protocol.

I agree with Markus.

  : When the login shell dies, the OpenSSH server sends
  : the CLOSE message after:
  :         1) all data is read from the pipe/socket (that connects the
  :            server to the login-shell) and
  : 	2) this data is sent to the client.

Ditto in ssh2.

Cheers,
--