Re: last-call issues..

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 12:57:31PM +0200, Tero Kivinen wrote:
> Bill Sommerfeld writes:
> >  - Subsystem robustness:
> >
> > The ".cshrc output mixed into subsystem output" issue is purely a
> > local implementation issue; subsystem cookie text should be deleted.
>
> I don't agree on this change. I think the current text should be in
> the connect document, but it might need some polishing:

no. it's an issue of how your sftp-server implementation
and your sshd talk to each other. the can exchange as many
cookies as they like before speaking the sftp protocol.
the sftp _protocol_ does not need to be touched.

the server implementing sftp can print what ever cookies
it likes and the sshd has to filter the cookies out.
but this is not a _protocol_ issue.

-m