Re: last-call issues..

Damien Miller writes:
> > I don't agree on this change. I think the current text should be in
> > the connect document, but it might need some polishing:
> I disagree - the current text mandates that subsystems be executed
> through a login shell. IMO how subsystems are invoked should be left
> completely up to the implementation.

Where?

Only place I can find any reference to such text is this:
As the user's shell is usually used to execute the subsystem, ...

That does not mandate them to be executed using login shell, it just
says that they are usually executed using the login shell, and because
of that you should desing the subsystem protocols so that they can
handle that situation also.

Whether the subsystems are executed using the login shell, or if they
are built-in to the server or if they are executed using the
/usr/games/nethack, is completely up the implementation.

In my text I changed that to say:
As the user's shell might be used to execute the subsystem, ...

to make it even more clear that subsystems are not necessarely
executed using login shell.
--
kivinen%ssh.fi@localhost                               Work : +358 303 9870
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/