Re: Messages with exit-signal

Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld%east.sun.com@localhost> writes:

> The exact message sent is a local issue, up to the implementation.

Different conventions leads to ugliness when interoperating. If a
client expects messages using the "Segmentation fault" convention, and
receives "Process died: Segmentation fault (core dumped)" from the
server, it will likely display the following message to the client:

Remote process died: Process died: Segmentation fault (core dumped) (core dumped)

which isn't pretty. But I agree it's not a terribly important issue.

I believe other problem is more important: What to send for unknown
signals? Unless I get any contrary information, I'll use the empty
string and hope that other implementations can deal with that.