Re: uint64

>draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-07.txt defines the type uint64,
>
>    uint64
>      Represents a 64-bit unsigned integer.  Stored as eight bytes in
>      the order of decreasing significance (network byte order).
>
>It is currently used only from by the filexfer document, for file
>sizes, offsets and the like.

If it is only used by filexfer then I don't think it should be mentioned
in architecture at all - especially since filexfer is supposed to be
independant of the SSH protocol.

>I'd like to ask if we really need this type. The alternative is to use
>mpint (or mpuint, if that is added) for any numbers that can be
>expected to grow larger than an uint32.

Do you have any in mind for the core drafts that do need to grow larger
than uint32 or might need to within a few years ?

--
Darren J Moffat