Re: SRP in OpenSSH draft protocol spec

At 18:42 02/04/01, Tom Wu wrote:
>Or, for that matter, PSS, DSA, SHA-1, etc.  The more I investigated
>this, the more I found it to be the norm rather than the exception.

        I believe DSA and SHA-1 were placed in the public domain.

>If you ask the Stanford OTL, they will of course confirm the IETF
>licensing statement.  It may take you a few weeks (they're busy folks),
>and you'll have to wade through some legalese, but you'll get it.  In
>the meantime, you have a clear statement from the inventor of the
>royalty-free license.

        Unfortunately, clear statement of the patent holder
is what matters in court, not clear statement of the inventor.

        Any chance you could work a suitable text through the
Stanford OTL and get it published as an RFC (as others have
done in the past) ?

Thanks,

Ran