Re: A future for the SSH File Transfer Protocol?

At 13:42 10/11/01, Markus Friedl wrote:
>i don't understand the problem with SFTP.

Might not be a problem, but folks want to understand
the problem SFTP is trying to solve.

For example, I'm trying to puzzle out how SFTP
is different from SCP and why I would care about
that difference (if I knew what it was)...

Since this is a standards question, I'm deliberately
trimming the distribution to the IETF SECSH list.

Ran