Re: des-cbc cipher

>What does this mean for the specs:
>
> - No change is necessary to the core protocol drafts.

Good.

> - The working group needs to allocate "des-cbc" as historic
>   (deprecated) and/or Not Recommended

My preference would be for Historic and Not Recommended.

> - an additional working group document (which I believe Ran has
>volunteered to write) would designate des-cbc as historic and
>deprecated, and would be intended for publication as a Historic RFC.

I'm happy with that as an outcome since it makes the status of desc-cbc
clear and it doesn't require further changes to the core drafts.

Ran if you wish I could help out with the editiing of the new draft since
I have everything setup (including references) for generating the core
drafts.

--
Darren J Moffat