Re: public key (was Re: consensus probe.)

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 05:19:41PM +0100, Niels Möller wrote:
> I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I think using several
> names for things that are actually the same is a kind of bloat.

I don't think this would be a problem, since you already have
the "format id" for the public-key.  Specifying that
	the "format id" for the signature must be
	equal to the "format id" from the public-key
would simplify things.

> I'll have to consider splitting it into
> several tables for different "namespaces".

well, the 'public-key' and the 'signature' namespace would
be the same.

> BTW, when talking about signatures. ssh-rsa is specified as using
> PKCS1 signatures. What is really meant is PKCS1 v1.5. PKCS1 v2
> (currently only at draft stage, I think) defines a new improved and

I did include this information in my "ssh-rsa" draft, but
there was no interest in having explicit information in
the transport draft.