Re: potential disclaimer for the transport draft.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 09:16:44AM -0500, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> > On any particular system, it's probably not the biggest hole, but it
> > quite likely is the biggest hole on *some* real-world systems.
>
> I think you severely underestimate how many latent undiscovered
> security holes are out there at the moment.. I don't think we have
> *any* reason to believe that.

Ok, let me rephrase that: it quite likely is the biggest *known* hole on
some real-world systems. The point remains that we can't be confident that
it's not a threat to any real world system.

> We haven't decided on the fix.  If we choose to fix the problem by
> introducing new ciphers, the document which specifies them can
> deprecate the old ciphers.  We could investigate new ciphers,
> determine we can't agree on the right ones, and fall back to fixing
> the problem some other way (i.e., start each block of ciphertext with
> an SSH_MSG_IGNORE).

Regarding the parenthetical suggestion, I thought each SSH packet can
contain only one message. Is that incorrect?