RE: closing a channel

> hm, I still cannot find where the draft says that
> it's a protocol violation, EOF is just a hint.
> You're just not allowed to send data after CLOSE...

Where does the draft say that EOF is just a 'hint'? What it says is this:

  When a party will no longer send more data to
  a channel, it SHOULD send SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_EOF.

I.e.: it says that you _should_ send EOF when you will no longer send more
data. What it _doesn't_ say is that you "may" send more data after you have
sent EOF. I think the draft's implication here is that it would be
unacceptable to send more data after you have sent EOF. I find your
interpretation rather strange.

I do agree, however, that the draft should be clarified with regard to this.
I didn't think it was ambiguous, but seeing that someone like you can
interpret that section so differently from myself, it clearly requires
clarification. Just one sentence is not enough.