From: Simon Tatham [mailto:anakin%pobox.com@localhost]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 5:03 PM
To: ietf-ssh%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: Re: SFTP File open modes

Richard Whalen  <Whalenr%process.com@localhost> wrote:
> add the flag SSH_FXF_ASCII to the SSH_FXP_OPEN message.
> When this flag is set, the file will be transferred in system independent
> ASCII text format, if appropriate.
> The system independent format is defined as characters separated by a
> newline character to specify end of line.  The system that is storing the
> file may make any changes necessary to store the text in a manner that is
> compatible with standard methods for that system.  When a file is
> transferred in ASCII mode, the total number of bytes transferred may be
> different from the size provided by the SSH_FXP_xSTAT function.  Ideally,
> the number of bytes transmitted should never be greater.

This seems fine to me as far as it goes, but how do you split the
file into multiple FXP_READs when there's no persistent file pointer
and each FXP_READ must specify a precise file offset where the
previous one left off?
--
Simon Tatham         These are my opinions. There are many
<anakin%pobox.com@localhost>   like them but these ones are mine.