Re: Additional thoughts on text transfers

> I see the chances of this helping more than it breaks as very slim. We
> might be able to handle EOL-conversion, but handling that alone
> doesn't help much, the user would still (likely) need to convert the
> text, so we may as well leave it be.
>
> To me, the proper solution is to let the user convert the file if
> necessary, which, as Marcus pointed out and my own experiences tells
> me, is rather seldom nowadays.

I think it is more to the point that the developers of SFTP rarely
perform transfers that require EOL conversion.  These are certainly
not my customers.  I don't believe that SFTP meets the requirements of
my customers but then my customers can use Kermit Protocol so I don't
feel so strongly about it.

 Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer      C-Kermit 8.0 available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University   includes Telnet, FTP and HTTP
 http://www.kermit-project.org/             secured with Kerberos, SRP, and
 kermit-support%columbia.edu@localhost                OpenSSL. Interfaces with OpenSSH