Re: A text transfer mode is needed for the SSH File Transfer Protocol

which assumes that sftp should treat text files like ftp does rather than
like rcp does.

I'm not at all convinced that sftp should do that.

joelja

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Richard Whalen wrote:

> We have had a few customers report problems when transferring text files
> between dissimilar systems with different implementations of the SSH File
> Transfer Protocol.  I believe that these problems would not exist if the
> protocol was able to correctly deal with the differences in the way that
> different systems store text files.

> Richard Whalen
> Process Software
> 508-879-6994x261

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja%darkwing.uoregon.edu@localhost
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but