RE: solving the SFTP text mode issue

> SSH_FXP_READ_RECORD
> uint32 start record number
> uint32 number of records to read
>
> Openning a text file in record mode would
> resulting in recieveing each line as a
> seperate record with no termination.

Doesn't sound half bad... Seeking to the middle of an LF-separated text file
would require the server to manually count the lines, but I guess this isn't
really a problem if we consider that the other possibilities don't offer
random access in the first place.

Also, we might offer a special record number, e.g. -1, for use with
SSH_FXP_WRITE_RECORD to indicate that the record is to be appended. Or
perhaps we could simply provide another packet type called
SSH_FXP_APPEND_RECORD.

How does this solution resonate with you all VMS people?