Newbie: help with DH key exchange

Hello, all.

First, I apologise if this is the wrong place for such a posting - I just didnt know where I could get help on this.

I am new to ssh internals, although I have been using it as an end user for quite a while now. I have started an ambitious little project to write an open source ssh client API in Java - just a chance to learn more about the ssh internals.

I have successfully implemented the initial handshaking, and am stuck on the DH key exchange at the moment.

I have sent a KEXDH_INIT package, and have received the KEXDH_REPLY, and have computed f and H.

What I do not completely understand is how I could verify H using the signature s received from the server. This is using diffie-hellman-group1-sha1, so I'd assume that the SHA1 hashing algo has been used? How do I verify the signature though?

Help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
--
Manik Surtani
Conchango

T 44 (0) 1784 221829
M 44 (0) 7786 702 706
E manik.surtani%conchango.com@localhost

http://www.conchango.com

The information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us as soon as possible. The unauthorised use,
disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is forbidden.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.