sftp changes...

One important thing to note is the change
to the way version information is sent.

I talked to many of the implementation authors
directly about this change at connectathon, but
realized it had been brought up here on the list.

Previously, when the server sent its version
packet, it sent the lower of its version and
the clients version (so if the client supported
a lesser version, it echoed the clients version.)

In the current draft, the server responds with
its protocol version, and then both the client
and server use the lower of the two version numbers
sent on the wire.

This is mostly useful for debugging, where knowing
what the servers version is might be useful.

(Though I will admit, it is a bug in our implementation
as well...)

Is this going to cause problems for implmentators?  Do
currently shipping clients check the server response
to make sure it isn't higher than what they sent?

Thanks,

- Joseph