Re: New draft-draft of sftp...

Richard Whalen  <Whalenr%process.com@localhost> wrote:
> The SCP that I am familiary (F-Secure code) does client side "globbing", not
> server side.
> The command line given in the example would cause it to get a directory
> listing and apply the matching rules to the list of files received.

Sorry, yes, I should have been clearer; there are two entirely
different things that go by the name SCP. One is the original `scp'
program, which is basically the BSD rcp protocol using SSH instead
of RSH as transport; the other is ssh.com's command-line batch-mode
SFTP client with the same command syntax as the original scp
program.

I'm talking about the SCP _protocol_, which is to say the former.

(PSCP supports both modes of operation, and it will give a security
warning when it has to do a server-side glob, but if it's using SFTP
then it will do client-side globbing without needing to warn about
anything.)

Cheers,
Simon
--