Re: URI for SSH

Joseph Salowey <jsalowey%cisco.com@localhost> wrote:
> Perhaps something like ssh://host:port@user ?
>
> I think this would be useful.  If there is interest in this (escpecially
> vendors that would like to implement it) I could put together a draft if
> there wasn't a de-facto standard already.

There's interest!

The PuTTY team _frequently_ receives requests to implement something
like this, and we've been holding off on the grounds that we
wouldn't want a standard to come out later that we were subtly
incompatible with.

We would certainly implement an SSH URI scheme if one were
standardised, and we apparently have a great many users who would
like this to happen.

Cheers,
Simon
--
Simon Tatham         "The voices in my head are trying to ignore me.
<anakin%pobox.com@localhost>    But if I keep talking, I can drive them insane."