RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-secsh-scp-sftp-ssh-uri-00.txt

[Joe] In a URL spaces need to be escaped (%20)

> The scp "protocol" requires that such filenames be quoted in
> some unspecified way (often using Unix shell quoting, but
> presumably server-dependent). IME, with many current clients
> it's up to the user to know the quoting convention on the
> particular server. Either the quoting will have to be
> embedded in URLs (and hence specified), or quoting becomes
> the client's responsibility and the standardisation of the
> URL format will not do much to achieve interoperability.

[Joe] So if hierarchical URL format is used then either the SCP client
or server will have to deal with converting the URL into the appropriate
format.  If we decide to use an opaque format then this portion of the
URL would not be paresed by the URL parser and existing ways of
formatting the pathname apply.

It seems that using hierarcical URLs will require implementation work on
SCP client and maybe SCP server which may not be desireable.