Re: gss userauth

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 06:58:02AM -0400, Joel N. Weber II wrote:
> We have two openssh maintainers opposed to the partial authentication
> approach.  And I have a preference against the partial authentication
> method; I've been working on an implementation of the gssapi-mic
> authentication method, and I've also written a patch for gnupg support
> of significant size.
>
> How much code for an ssh implementation have the partial
> authentication advocates written?

Simon's code for the partial authentication version is not very
large.  However, I don't like the approach of having a 'chain' of
userauth methods for 'gssapi-mic'.

The same reasoning could be used for a challenge-response based
authentication method:  just add a method for sending a challenge
together with 'partial success' and use the existing password method
for response verification.

-m