Re: additional core draft nits in need of WG attention.

On 11 Nov, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> - what proportion of the code size of a "minimized" implementation is
> the actual algorithm code?  i.e., are we talking 1% or 10% bloat here?

In our smallest java-client, which is used on cellphones etc, the actual
AES-code makes up between 1% and 0.5% depending on how you count. The
DES and 3DES-code is about twice that big.

> - how widespread is AES support today?

IMHO it is pretty widespread, at least among modern versions.
Unfortunately, as well all know, the installed base may be far behind.
For exampel we still get a lot of questions on SSHv1 support:-(

	/MaF
--
Martin Forssen <maf%appgate.com@localhost>              Development Manager
Phone: +46 31 7744361                         AppGate Network Security AB