Re: SSHv2 MIB?

Hi Niels,
  The management software talks to SNMP agent (daemon).  The SNMP agent in
turn calls functions in sshd task to read or write to sshd configuration.
The MIB tells me what function calls I need to implement in the sshd task
to support SNMP agent.  For example, OSPF has a mib for it:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-mib-update-07.txt

Thanks.

Tam

                    nisse@lysator.
                    liu.se (Niels        To:     tam_dao%accton.com@localhost
                    Möller)              cc:     jpv%vandyke.com@localhost, ietf-ssh%netbsd.org@localhost
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: SSHv2 MIB?
                    nisse@lysator.
                    liu.se

                    12/09/2003
                    12:24 PM

tam_dao%accton.com@localhost writes:

>   The Network Management software (ex: OpenView or other enterprise
network
> management software) configure SSH configuration via SNMP/MIB.

Which ssh implementations support that? Or is the management software
talking to some separate daemon that speaks SNMP and then writes to
the sshd configuration file and reads the sshd log files?

> I'm surprise that there is no MIB, since most protocols have their
> MIBs. Are you part of the IETF working group?

I'm a member of the working group, and author of one ssh
implementation. (I have to admit that I'm not particularly fond of
SNMP, and other ASN.1 use within the ietf, but if there some IETF work
on an ssh MIB, I'm surprised I've been able to miss it completely).

Regards,