RE: new sftp draft gotta come soon: summary

Hi all,

>From what I can see in the IETF archives, the SFTP draft is still expired. Is anyone working on getting an SFTP draft re-submitted? Right now we've got a situation where we have a widely deployed and used protocol but no specification to refer to ...

BR
//Mats

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Galbraith [mailto:galb%vandyke.com@localhost]
Sent: den 5 september 2003 19:04
To: ietf-ssh%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: new sftp draft gotta come soon: summary

Well, the sftp draft has expired, so I guess I
can't let the priority of a revision keep getting
bumped down anymore :-)

So, here are what I think of as open issues:

- A bit or flag in the attribs to reflect if the
   file should be hidden.  (I was supposed to put
   this in last time, but didn't-- )

- A bit or flag in the attribs to reflect 'readonly'
   status -- this readonly status is an advisory as
   opposed enforced readonly.  (Windows is the operating
   system that does this.)

- A way to specify how to access the file during file
   open  (should match up with access modes in ACLs.)

   Currently, it is hard to know with what access a file
   should be opened-- what if the client comes back and
   does a fsetstat and tries to write an ACL?

- A way to control file sharing during file open (operating
   systems that don't support it ignore it?)

- We never reached consensus about case-sensitivity.
   (See next email for details.)

- Performance enhancments.  (See next email for details.)

- Security considerations section

- Normative vs. non-normative references

- Change of sftp rename command (see next email for details)

Are there any other issues that anyone wants fixed or flogged
to death to make sure everyone agrees?

You are implementing and sftp server on the latest and greatest
bi-endian 1024-bit super-opper-dupper computer running your very
own custom operating system and you users want to be able to x
when they transfer files and sftp doesn't make it possible.

You are implementing a filesystem redirector for you super-dupper
operating system and SFTP makes Z a very big pain for you.

This is your last chance :-)  We're gonna ship this one and do last
call.

Thanks,

Joseph

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.