RE: draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-05.txt

Hello,

I suggest the draft mentions if the hash is used for the local file or it's wire format (wich may be different in case of data transformations like text files).

Anyway woluldn't it be more simple for this hash feature to be an extended field in the file attributes when replying a SSH_FXP_LSTAT/FSTAT/STAT query ?

Section 4.4 describes an intersting "max_read_size" however I  think the this value must only be an indication for the client  for its read queries. IMHO, assuming that shorter read replies are faulty is an unecessary lack of telerency.

Section 5.8. SSH_FILEXFER_ATTR_FLAGS_ARCHIVE_ENCRYPTED and COMPRESSED are very suprising. They don't provide the compression/encryption method used and they are "in-file" informations and are not more usefull than a SSH_FILEXFER_AATR_FLAG_MP3. Such information could be provided in protocol extentions (a kind of sftp/mime ?).

Section 6.3.1 under SSH_FXF_CREATE_TRUNCATE I think we should read "A new file is created" instead of "is create".

Farid