Re: Remote TCP forwarding

der Mouse <mouse%Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA@localhost> writes:

>      string    address to bind (e.g. "0.0.0.0")

> I note that the "0.0.0.0" is IPv4-specific.

> Is there simply no way to request forwarding for both v4 and v6 with a
> single request?  Might it be better to specify that a "" bind-to string
> specifies "anywhere", with "0.0.0.0" and "::" available to wildcard
> IPv4 and IPv6 specifically?

I agree that using the empty string for "all interfaces" would make
sense. (You might also want a way to say "all local interfaces", i.e.
ipv4 and ipv6 localhost. Perhaps it would make sense to send the
string "localhost" on this case, or more generally a dns name for the
interfaces you want to bind).

Regards,