channel-request

Reading connect-18, I see that CHANNEL_REQUEST says that "If want reply
is FALSE, no response will be sent to the request"; it also says that
"If the request is not recognized or is not supported for the channel,
SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_FAILURE is returned".

Which of these trumps the other?  That is, if an unrecognized or
unsupported request arrives with want-reply FALSE, is a failure request
sent, or not?

Based on the difficulty of associating responses with requests if the
latter wins, I would guess the former wins (ie, no response is to be
sent in such a circumstance).

First, is my guess correct?

Second, if so, might it be good to clarify this, such as by changing
the latter sentence to something like "If the request is not recognized
or is not supported for the channel, SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_FAILURE is
returned (unless want reply is FALSE)"?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost