channel association

I'm working on my ssh implementation and I see more problems with the
spec.

There are a number of things which are conceptually associated with a
session channel, but which are not actually entirely so associated.  At
the moment, these are primarily X and agent forwarding: they are
requested with a CHANNEL_REQUESTs on a session channel, but when a
forwarded connection arrives, the client gets no indication which
session's forwarding it is due to.  This is causing me trouble, for
reasons I can go into if anyone is curious but which are mostly
irrelevant here.

More generally, it is a conceptual problem to associate a request with
a session, but have no way to associate an asynchronous response to
that request with the relevant session (or the particular request that
produced it, which would allow identifying the session).

In passing, I note that TCP connection forwarding was done right in
this regard: it makes no pretense of being associated with any session,
and is requested with not a CHANNEL_REQUEST but a GLOBAL_REQUEST.

Has anyone addressed such issues before?  I can think of at least two
different ways of addressing them, and while I could simply pick one
and implement it with private requests, I'd be interested in hearing
about experiences from anyone who's tackled the issue already.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost