Re: [psg.com #441] IESG - Architecture - atsign - additional IESG Response

Damien Miller wrote:
OpenSSH uses this feature now and I plan to use it in the future
for new extentions (ciphers and auth methods). Banning this will render
widely deployed software non-compliant.

The use of user@domain in the secsh protocol is completely orthogonal to
its use in URIs or email. These names are used as internal protocol
identifiers, not in addressing. IMO this is much more elegant a
namespace than X-whatever.

The "stability" issue seems irrelevant too - there are no catastrophic
consequences if the domain name goes away. Remember that these are,
by definition, vendor or site-local extensions.

I agree. Above is also fully applicable to Tectia SSH products of SSH Communications Security Corp.

--
Timo J. Rinne <tri%ssh.com@localhost>        Fredrikinkatu 42   +358 20 500 7000 T
Director, New Product Technologies FIN-00100 Helsinki +358 20 500 7051 F