Re: [psg.com #460] IESG - Transport - Oakley - new proposal (fwd)

Niels Möller <nisse%lysator.liu.se@localhost> wrote:
> I think a lot of peple are silent. It's hard to tell if that's because
> they agree, or don't care, or are all on vacation.

I think any scheme would be perfectly adequate provided it was
clearly defined what name went with which group, and clearly defined
which groups implementors needed to support in the general case.

As far as I'm concerned, this is one of those situations in which
the utilities of the various choices go something like:

 * choice A, ten points
 * choice B, nine and a half points
 * choice C, nine points
 * long delay caused by debating the various options in detail,
   minus one thousand points. :-)

--
Simon Tatham         "Happiness is having a large, warm, loving,
<anakin%pobox.com@localhost>    caring, close-knit family in another city."