Re: SFTP v5...

Joseph Galbraith writes:
> Is anyone implementing v5 right now?
>
> I'm getting ready to ship an refresh, but if people have
> implemented v5, I'll need to change the version.

We (PuTTY) don't.

However, Martin Prikryl (WinSCP author) mentioned the following to us
in April:

| I also now cooperate with Erwin Bolwidt, who develops Java SFTP5
| server. At least his SFTP4 implementation is almost complete. You may
| ask him to send you the beta version.
| http://www.klomp.org/ejb/

I've had a quick nose round that site just now, and didn't find
evidence one way or the other.

On Martin's own web site, he mentions v5:

| Experimental support for version 5 of SFTP (SSH File Transfer
| Protocol). Currently it brings only better error reporting. In future
| the upgrade may allow file verification using MD5 algorithm. Note that
| as I do not know any server supporting SFTP5, the funtionality was not
| tested at all.

<http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/history.php#3.6.7>

Sounds like you should probably bump the version number.

Incidentally, is anyone interested in my proposal to give the server
the ability to advise the client whether opening in FXF_TEXT mode is
advisable? (<20030926223441.GA16719%chiark.greenend.org.uk@localhost> about a
year ago.) If so, I'm willing to dust it off.