Re: Message Numbers and Disconnect Codes (fwd)

Hi,

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, der Mouse wrote:

> > And still further in the document, we define "pty-req" as a specific
> > 'channel type'.
>
> That doesn't sound right.  I thought it was a channel *request* type.

Doh!  You're right.  "pty-req" is defined as a value for 'request type' in
a SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_REQUEST packet type in [NUMBERS].

> As I read it, the defined connection types are "session", "x11",
> "forwarded-tcpip", and "direct-tcpip".  At least in connect-19.

Got it.  Those are the values for the 'channel type' in
SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_OPEN packets.

> Note that "pty-req" is listed in assignednumbers-06 in 4.2.2.3, not
> 4.2.2.1.

Yup.  I'm going to duplicate the tables from [NUMBERS] into [CONNECT].  I
believe that I got confused from this paragraph in [CONNECT].
   Many channel types have extensions that are specific to that
   particular channel type.  An example is requesting a pty (pseudo
   terminal) for an interactive session.
I made the intellectual leap that a "pty-req" was a 'channel type'.
Thanks for the corection.  :)

As far as the pointers in [NUMBERS], I'm going to make sure that all else
is straightened out and then I'll go back and get the pointers straight.

Thanks,
Chris