Re: SFTP v6?

I made the deadline (sent to IETF at 3:00 AM this
morning my time.)

I put a big ** DO NOT IMPLEMENT ** in it though.  My
plan is to spend some time @ IETF and to publish a
revision on the monday after we meet.

Here are the changes (a rough list anyway):

- Added NOFOLLOW option.
- Made TEXT_HINT an attrib of it's own.  Servers that 'know'
  might include this information as part of the directory
  read; if the server is going to have to do lots of work to
  figure it out, it should wait for a stat request expressing
  interest in the data.
- Added 'filename-charset' and 'filename-translation-control'
  extensions (which still need some polishing in the language.)

  Also added the ability for the server to set an attrib-bits flag
  if the filename translation to UTF-8 failed, and to include the
  untranslated name in the attributes.
- Add 'versions' extension to allow server to express non-contigous
  set of supported versions to client, and 'version' extension
  from client-to-server for server to pick one.  (Because the
  client to server request isn't allowed to fail w/o closing
  the channel, it doesn't require a round trip.  The client
  can fire it and move on without waiting.)
- Added link-count attribute and mime-type attribute.
- Added space available extension.
- Added DIR_NOT_EMPTY, NOT_A_DIRECTORY, INVALID_FILENAME and
  LINK_LOOP error codes.  Please, everyone, look at the list
  of error codes and suggest errors codes that we should have
  but aren't there.  If something can go wrong on your OS and
  we can't represent it, now is the time to have a dialog about
  it.

So... draft should appear shortly, and we WILL HAVE another draft
on Monday after the IETF meets.

(I'll be available for anyone interested in helping with edits or
chatting about the draft from Monday evening through Tuesday.)

Thanks,

Joseph

denis bider wrote:
Hello Joseph,

any information on when the SFTP v6 draft will be available?

I will be starting implementation of a new module soon and my design is
pending availability of the SFTP v6 specification.

What is the current progress? When can the v6 draft be anticipated?

Thanks!

denis