RE: future SFTP version question

"denis bider" <ietf-ssh%denisbider.com@localhost> writes:

>Whether or not this is something for a separate Internet-Draft (documenting
>the SFTP extension) or something that can be added to SFTP itself as an
>optional feature is, I guess, up for the workgroup or the SFTP draft editor
>to decide.

If you're going to produce signed receipts as proof-of-delivery, you're well
into S/MIME / PGP territory.  This seems to be going way beyond what SSH
should be doing (depending on how far you want to take this you'd need to
reinvent significant chunks of PGP or S/MIME), it'd be better to just define a
signed content type for one of those formats and use that.

Peter.