Re: future SFTP version question

This seems like a useful extension; I've got half
of a proposal worked up... I just haven't quite
managed to finish it yet.

Hopefully I can post something to be shot down
in a day or so.

- Joseph
(sftp draft editor)

jason bailey wrote:
You've made some very good points.

Initially I had considered a flag for the transfer which would result in
a returned RECEIPT rather then a STATUS.

However, given your observations,and reviewing what I am looking for I
see no problem with it being an extension to the protocol.
I'm not certain that it is, as you put it, orthogonal to the current
functionality. There already appears to be an existing extension to
support a hashing of a file to verify the contents.

In my mind I see this as very similar. We are merely verifying the
contents and that it is on a particular server at a given time.

Jason