Re: SFTP v6?

The problem is only implementations that *advertice version 4 and 5*.
Any body who knows about deployment of such versions, please speak up.
I'd like to see some evidence for the existence of the problem the
extension is trying to solve.

I have a version 4 deployment.  I'm pretty sure Richard Walen
(process software) has a version 4 deployment.

And Henrick Hellström says that he and others he knows of
have a v5 deployments.

So yes, the problem does exist in the wild and we aren't just
talking about the hypothetical problem.  There are known,
currently shipping implementations of every version of
sftp from 2-5.

I'm mildly surprised about the 2, by the
way. I would have thought that no one was currently
shipping version 2, though I suspected there was still a
number of v2 implementations in use.

That is one of the reasons I claim this problem isn't
quite as 'temporary' as you and I would wish.

Thanks,

- Joseph