Re: Window size for channels

> I just wanted to confirm that the 'window size' defined per-channel
> is only affected by the 'data' field of an SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_DATA
> channel packet, and that no other packets have any effect (including
> the other fields in the SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_DATA or packet overhead such
> as padding).

This is not so; of SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_EXTENDED_DATA messages, connect-23
writes

   Data sent with these messages consumes the same window as ordinary
   data.

> But then in Section 5.3, the SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_CLOSE message says:
> "This message does not consume window space and can be sent even if
>  no window space is available."

> Why say this if no other messages ever consume window space?

I don't know; I didn't write it - but I speculate it's to avoid
confusing people who know that in TCP, the FIN bit - the closest analog
to ssh's CLOSE message - _does_ consume sequence number space.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost