Re: Traffic Analysis

Chris Lonvick <clonvick%cisco.com@localhost> writes:

>I think there are sufficient support in the ssh2 protocol to make traffic
>analysis harder, but I think it's done very poorly in current
>implementations. I don't even try.

Nor do I (well, except in the handshake phase where I pad a few packets that
matter to a constant length).  It'd be kind of a fun thing to play with/hack
around on (there's a million parameters you can tune, cover traffic
generation, padding to fixed boundaries, TCP segment slicing as you say, etc
etc), but so far I've had zero user demand for this so I'm not in any hurry to
implement it.  Has anyone seen any significant demand for this from other than
tinfoil-hat types?

Peter.