RE: DH KEX names an "aberration"?

On Mon, 2005-02-07 at 16:56, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

> I don't think this level of "legislative history" needs to be in the
> document; that is what we have mailing list archives for.

Agreed.

> I do not believe this document should make a value judgement on whether "it
> will probably be best if future names are unique to SSH", because I do not
> believe that we have consensus on whether that statement is true.

Also agreed.  Let's not try to predict the future.

> An IETF standards-track document simply cannot say "the
> working group was unable to reach consensus, but it should be this way".

When i took a straw poll, there was no clear consensus either way.  Since this
*should have been* a trivial matter, we had a public coin flip.

we seem to have gotten lost inside the bikeshed
(see http://www.unixguide.net/freebsd/faq/16.19.shtml).

						- Bill