Re: Nits in current drafts

nisse%lysator.liu.se@localhost (=?iso-8859-1?q?Niels_M=F6ller?=)
>Ben Harris <bjh21%bjh21.me.uk@localhost> writes:
>> It makes the use of libraries (or perhaps hardware) that encapsulate
>> complete signature schemes unnecessarily difficult, and perhaps
>> impossible
>
>It's "difficult" rather than "impossible".

Just for the record, I've done SSH using both crypto coprocessors and smart
cards (I'm sure Fortezza cards were never intended to be used with SSH servers
:-), and doing anything *other* than the current "ssh-rsa" would be quite
difficult.  Everything does basic PKCS #1 v1.5 sigs, a few things do PKCS #1
OAEP, and that's about it.  So the hardware argument is strongly in favour of
"ssh-rsa", not against it.

Peter.