Re: "Host name" definition somewhere in the ID set?

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 16:36, Thierry Moreau wrote:

> As an outsider of the SSH protocol community (if any), I looked at the
> latest Internet-Drafts. I was looking at the initial trust on a host
> public key (well explained in tha architecture draft at 4.1  Host Keys).
>
> My question refers to the definition of a server host name, from a
> security perspective. It should be in a security certificate sent by the
> SSH server.

specifications for optional use of certificates of any sort with SSH would be
desirable, but everyone who has stepped up and volunteered to write a draft
on how to do this has later had to apologize for not having time to follow
through...

are you volunteering? :-)

							- Bill