RE: filexfer-07

I think that the lock described is still pretty unusual for a file.  When accessing a file the usual methods of locking are:

None - I don't care if there is other current access, I'll take my chances if something modifies it while I'm writing/reading it.

Read - I don't want anyone to modify the file (or its attributes) while I'm reading it.  I don't care about other readers.

Write - I don't want anyone else to be accessing the file while I access it for write. I don't want to risk others getting a corrupt file while I'm changing it.