FORWARDING_NOTICE: IP-specific

I notice that the FORWARDING_NOTICE agent message (see agent-01) is
inextricably entangled with the assumption that ssh is running over IP.
What is the thinking on what will happen to it when someone implements
what we're doing over something else, like (say) DECnet?  While (as
mentioned when I brought up the same issue with connection forwarding)
we cannot be expected to standardize hwo to handle arbitrary underlying
protocols, it does seem rather short-sighted to me to build a protocol
that is unnecessarily difficult to extend.  With connection forwarding
the issue could be finessed by noting that the connection forwarding
request is implicitly IP-specific; connection forwarding for some other
protocol would use other request and channel type strings.  But there
is nothing similar available for agent FORWARDING_NOTICE messages, as
far as I can see.

Thoughts?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign