Re: Changes to SFTP v6: new error messages

> I proposing adding the following text:

>> Implemenations MUST map unrecognized error codes to
>> SSH_FX_GENERAL_FAILURE.  Future revisions of the protocol will add
>> additional error codes without bumping the version number.

I'm not sure I like making it a MUST; for example, this would seem to
prohibit using different text when reporting failure to the user
("unrecognized error #29" versus "generic FAILURE", for example).

How about
	Implementations MUST be prepared to receive unexpected error
	codes and handle them sensibly (such as by treating them as
	equivalent to SSH_FX_FAILURE).  Future protocol revisions will
	add additional error codes without changing the version number.

> And the following two error codes:

>> SSH_FX_OWNER_INVALID    29
>>    The principle specified can not be assigned
>>    as an owner of a file.
>>
>> SSH_FX_GROUP_INVALID    30
>>    The principle specified can not be assigned
>>    as the primary group of a file.

They sound reasonable, but need s/principle/principal/ in the text.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost