ssh filexfer

I ran across a problem last week that doesn't appear to be covered in the latest draft.

Customer was doing a text transfer of a file.  The program does an SSH_FXP_FSETSTAT at the end with file size specified.  This ended up as an ftruncate, which returned an error because the file was opened for record access and the offset specified wasn't a record boundary.

I've modified my implementation to ignore the setting of the file length in this situation.

I think that we need some text in either the SSH_FXP_OPEN or SSH_FXP_FSETSTAT stating the it may not be a legal operation to attempt to set the length for a file that is opened in TEXT transfer mode.

Richard Whalen
Process Software