Re: SFTP ACLs need inheritance support

> FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTIC in combination with
> SeBackupPrivilege bypasses the read access checks
> in the filesystem.
>
> It doesn't require you to use BackupRead() or BackupWrite()
> to my knowledge-- in other words, it is perfectly
> reasonable to open a file file FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTIC
> and still call ReadFile/WriteFile.

Ah, indeed, I got BackupRead() and the effects of FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS mixed up.

Therefore ACCESS_PRIV_BACKUP_FILE means the server will open the file with FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS, and SSH_FXF_ACCESS_BACKUP_STREAM means the server will I/O with BackupRead() / BackupWrite(). That sounds great, then!

Best regards

denis