Re: Congratulations

At 15:47 11/01/2006, Phillip Remaker \(remaker\) wrote:

After all these years, I see that the SSH core drafts have finally made
RFC status, and there was not a single comment on the list, even after 5
days.  Do we just not believe it? 8-)

So, let me be the first to make the noise:  Congratulations, folks.
Well done, bravo!

Congratulations on getting this done.

Now for some historical amusement:

At IETF-38 in March 1996 the two Technical Presentations where:
- SSH Secure Remote Login      by Tatu Ylönen
- DNS Security: The Light at the End of the Tunnel  by Donald Eastlake

The SECSH BOF was at IETF-40 and WG was formed after that and met for the
first time in Memphis at IETF-41.

DNSSEC (version 3) RFC403[345] was published about a year ago,
DNSSEC work started in 1993.
So it took both about 10  years to get the documents published
for each protocol, SSH and DNSSEC.

And SECSH is the second protocol to officially define DNSSEC use
[RFC4255].  The first one was ISPECKEY[RFC4025] issued last month,
and IPSEC is another 10+ years protocol effort.

Olafur