Re: Other comments on draft-ietf-secsh-publickey-subsystem

Nicolas Williams wrote:

- An attribute is needed to set environment variables for the
  environment where the command/shell/subsystem is executed.
Why?  Again, I think it's too late for this kind of substantive change.

Because the facility you patterned this after (right?  OpenSSH?) has a
way to associate environment variables with public keys.

I didn't write the original version of this draft, I've just been shepherding it since it became a WG working item. It'd be nice to document how OpenSSH does this, but I think it's too late to make this the job of this draft.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.