Re: simple connection

> I want to connect from a realbasic application (on windows) to my
> linux computer on port 22.

> I set the firewall off and do a xhost + command on the linux machine.
> Then i can connect by tcp on port 22 and see as return something like
> SSH-OPENSSH4.
> So there is a sort of connection.........

Right...though "xhost +" has nothing whatever to do with this; X
permissions are completely independent of access to your ssh server.

> Well for me it is difficult  to see what to do further......

> Setting up a public key ...???

> Can you give me some tips on how to communicate with this protocol..

> Or is it too difficult  for a simple example ???

It's too complicated to describe briefly.  See RFCs 4250 through 4254;
they are the spec for the basic protocol.

It will be rather difficult to use ssh directly from BASIC.  Not
impossible, assuming your BASIC supports networking and operations on
binary data, but...well, put it this way: I wouldn't try unless someone
were paying me quite a lot - and that's speaking as someone who's
written an ssh client (not, of course, in BASIC).

Unless you have a good deal of cryptography support available built
into your BASIC system....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost