Re: Clarifications to RFC 4255 ?

On 2 maj 2007, at 18.10, Simon Vallet wrote:

looking at the current implementation in OpenSSH, I noticed the
compatibility layer (compat/getrrsetbyname.c) makes use of SIG (RRTYPE
24) records, which is the type specified in RFC 4255, §2.4.

However, it seems that SIG RRs are obsoleted in RFC 4034, §7 (from RFC
3755, §3) in favour of RRSIG RRs (RRTYPE 46).

correct, the implementation of getrrsetbyname is broken.

I was a bit confused by the fact that RFC 4255 both references SIG
records and RFC 4034. Shouldn't the RFC be clarified on this topic ?

yes, something like s/SIG RR/RRSIG RR/. perhaps we should put this in the errata?

	jakob